Thursday, February 28, 2008

We Media, part nine

"Networked Economics" session, contiuned (note scare quotes).

Wow, there is somebody from Consumer Reports here.

To continue the thread from my earlier post, there isn't a single economist or network theorist on this panel (insert yawn here). Nic Fulton is the "chief scientist" for Reuters. He's got a PhD in Physics, but sounds like his work is more technologist than what I would consider a scientist.

Wikipedia has a so-so set of articles on network economies here and here.

Contrary to popular opinion among our vaunted media experts, everyone is not on Facebook. Again on the politics on shallow, glitzy business discourse, I am concerned about the easy use of the word "everyone." Let's talk about what we're talking about: "Everyone that matters to me; everyone that I think is important and can offer lucrative opportunities to me."