Tuesday, March 18, 2008

On the Road: LA

Next week, I'm hitting the road again. I'm heading to the City of Angels for a very interesting week. Some previews:

- Because of a contact I made at We Media in Miami, I was invited by the Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard Law to an event at Annenberg USC, Media Re:public, Participatory Media - Surveying the Field in 2008to join a discussion called "Supporting the Emerging Media Ecology." They still haven't put me on the agenda, but I'm one of the "discussants." They're going for something more interactive than a panel/presenter model.

- I'm sitting on the final panel, "Taking Back the Media: Challenges and Solutions," at Local Media, Democracy, and Justice: a Southern California Regional Summit.

- And finally, but actually firstly, I'm sitting down with some members of Angelenos for Equitable Access to Technology (AEA2T) to learn about their grassroots organizing work.

You can look forward to some nifty notes and impressions from LA soon.